CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Keep the covers over my head

I was reading my friends Tara's blog just now and totally understand how she feels about yesterday. I too had a day yesterday where I feel like I would have like to stayed in bed with my head under the covers. Thou mine wasn't a series of things, my one thing took all day.




A dear friend of mine had agreed to bring me her 21 year old mare (named Big MaMa) so that I could learn to ride and Kala could learn to ride and be around horse. This mare was the sweetest horse. She never gave me any trouble and was happy to be loved on and to be around Kala and I (even when sometimes we weren't happy to be around each other). She gave me many hours of relaxing, peaceful riding. Yesterday I got a call from where I keep her and was told that she had broken her leg. I went out to her and when my eyes fell on her there was no doubt that her leg was broken. Unfortunately the only thing that can be done for a horse is to put them down.



I tried and tried to call my friend that had so lovingly in trusted me with her horse to let her know that I was having her put down. My friend had this horse when she was in high school and had run barrels on her in high school rodeos. I did not get a hold of her until much later in the afternoon after I had already put her horse down.



I realize that Big Mama is a horse - but my animals mean the world to me. They love us unconditionally when sometimes we can't even love ourselves.



Big Mama will be missed by many. My niece, my nephew, and various other friends also got to enjoy riding her while I had her.


Thanks Big Mama!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

oh tammy. i am so sorry. i know you posted this weeks ago, but i'm catching up and just read this. i wanted you to know that my heart breaks for you. i know how much the horses have meant to you this past year. {{{{hug}}}}